Crimsafe is a well-established, widely respected, successful global business based at Yatala. They are an acknowledged market leader in their niche and have experienced year-on-year growth which recently has led to expansion into international markets. An internal restructure has created an opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to manage the procurement function and maximize the commercial returns for the business by applying your experience in a practical manner.
The role reports to the CFO and will manage a $20M + procurement spend across a number of key categories. This autonomous role will suit an individual who wishes to fast track their career.
Key elements of the role include –
- Being completely responsible and hands-on for all procurement activities such as placing purchasing orders and analysing data;
- Managing all supplier relationships and contractual agreements in conjunction with the CFO and CEO;
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to build positive working relationships;
- Collaborating with the senior leadership team to review high value contracts and leading negotiations on terms & conditions;
- Identifying and implementing effective risk management strategies to maintain supply continuity;
- Analysing, evaluating and producing high quality tender documentation;
- Managing import/ export requirements and documentation;
- Ensuring Management receive regular, accurate and insightful reporting with recommendations to improve the bottom line; and
- Automating, streamlining and making value ad improvements to the supply chain process.
It is a preference that you possess a relevant degree in either Business; Commerce; Logistics or Supply Chain Management, but more important is that you bring a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an end to end procurement & inventory role. Ideally you will have extensive experience in manufacturing or construction and a well-developed understanding of modern supply chain concepts and associated systems/ technologies and have completed detailed data analysis.
(Exposure to MYOB is advantageous).
It is expected that you will have well developed interpersonal skills with strong commercial acumen and the ability to influence and engage. In return you will be offered a professional and progressive work environment in a thriving business, working closely with the CFO and CEO and being part of a successful high performing team.
Your Talent Specialist: Peter Murphy
My 25 year professional talent identification career has seen me undertake Board, C-Suite and Executive assignments for ASX listed and privately-owned corporations, government departments and owned corporations, and small to medium sized enterprises. As a Chartered Accountant working for several of the Big four CA firms I was provided training and experience over 8 years that instilled in me a professional services mindset and work ethic. The technical knowledge and “hands on” practical experience gained across various industries, and dealings with Boards and Executives was an excellent grounding. As Chair of the Edmund Rice Foundation Australia, my understanding of what is required to be an effective Chair and Board member was enhanced. I have received industry awards recognising my contribution to the industry including The Best Recruiter in Australia and the Best Recruiter in Queensland.