Chief Executive Officer
Location: Gold Coast
This Not for Profit has, since the late 1990’s, established a reputation for excellence and making a real difference to those who utilise their services. Through its unique approach to education it has a built an unparalleled record of successfully re-engaging children and young adults. It delivers this by rebuilding their confidence and skills before focussing on developing an optimistic outlook for a bright future. The Board seek a CEO to lead and manage its three distinct entities that share corporate resources and work collaboratively to deliver services.
Reporting to the Board, this standalone autonomous role will create an overarching parent entity to bring clearer governance arrangements between the entities. This must occur whilst maintaining compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements of the Non-State Schools Accreditation Board. As CEO you must ensure all three arms operate at maximum efficiency and achieve outcomes that meet the needs of all.
The key role challenges are to:
- Comprehend the existing strategy and culture before building the governance model to allow the entities to operate autonomously whilst undergoing culture change that improves the welfare of every child and young adult;
- Understand all legislative requirements to ensure absolute compliance is embraced by the Board and staff to reduce risks;
- Take the strategic growth plan and make it a reality, which will require a creative, business development mindset;
- Implement WHS and governance processes that ensure immediate reporting of significant risk events to the Board and appropriate authorities through the adherence to processes that improve the operational efficiency of the business; and
- Deliver educational programs that increase the federal and state government funding boosting the educational content and further balancing student welfare.
To be successful as the CEO, you will be an experienced Executive who has worked in a highly regulated environment with a myriad of legislation impacting the business operations.
Prior Education sector exposure will be an advantage but is not essential. You have proven commercial and financial capability and know how to engage with a committed board. A humble, motivated professional who by nature is a doer with a “can do” attitude and a demonstrated ability to make strategic plans operational will thrive in this opportunity.
If you are seeking a role that will make a genuine, tangible difference to others apply for this rare opportunity. The rewards in terms of lifestyle (living on the Coast); personal development (helping those in need) and financially are all available to you as CEO.
To apply please click on the link below quoting job no. JO-1911-1526. Please direct any queries concerning this role, to either Peter Murphy or Jane Blinkhoff, on 07 3040 4567
Your Talent Specialist: Peter Murphy
My 25 year professional talent identification career has seen me undertake Board, C-Suite and Executive assignments for ASX listed and privately-owned corporations, government departments and owned corporations, and small to medium sized enterprises. As a Chartered Accountant working for several of the Big four CA firms I was provided training and experience over 8 years that instilled in me a professional services mindset and work ethic. The technical knowledge and “hands on” practical experience gained across various industries, and dealings with Boards and Executives was an excellent grounding. As Chair of the Edmund Rice Foundation Australia, my understanding of what is required to be an effective Chair and Board member was enhanced. I have received industry awards recognising my contribution to the industry including The Best Recruiter in Australia and the Best Recruiter in Queensland.