Chief Executive Officer
Location: Brisbane Northside
Mercy Community Services (MCS), established on the traditions of the Sisters of Mercy, provides support and inspiration to people of all ages to live healthy, connected lives within the community. Through a workforce of 900 employees and 100 volunteers MCS delivers quality services to over 4,000 people daily across the Disability, Aged Care, Families and Youth sectors with a genuine care for all. The recent resignation of the CEO means the Board seeks to appoint a new CEO.
Reporting to the MCS Board, the CEO must provide leadership, vision and direction for all services, and focus on the transformational strategic change program that is underway. The successful achievement of long-term business goals and strategies, aligned with the MCS vision and mission, will fulfil its promise to be a market leader in the provision of service excellence.
Key challenges the CEO must overcome to successfully deliver the strategic plan are:
- Understand the MCS mission and ethos and how this impacts service delivery, both strategically and operationally, before making appropriate changes to achieve the desired outcomes;
- Lead and inspire a high-performing Executive team by gaining their respect, trust and support to embrace a regime of accountability with a strong commercial focus;
- Proactive engagement with stakeholders to secure funding and equitable contracts satisfactory to both parties;
- Ingrain a commercial and pragmatic mindset in all strategic decisions balanced with the mission and values of MCS; and
- Encourage the Executive team to innovate and challenge the status quo and creatively seek new services that enhance revenue outside core government funding streams.
An experienced CEO with a track record of successfully implementing a change agenda that delivers sound financial results will thrive at MCS. A commercially pragmatic, empathetic Executive who is inspired to lead MCS’s mission to make a difference and who understands the nuances of a religious based NFP, reliant on government funding to deliver services, encounters is desired as CEO.
Strong contract negotiating skills, coupled with exceptional communication and leadership capability will ensure success in this role. You must be willing to articulate the origin and mission of MCS and how it directly impacts the lives of those who receive its services.
If you are seeking a role where you can truly make an impact on those in need or disadvantaged in society, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for. Please apply by sending your application, quoting Jo-1905-1392 or direct any your enquiries about the role to Peter Murphy on 07-3040 4501.
Your Talent Specialist: Peter Murphy
My 25 year professional talent identification career has seen me undertake Board, C-Suite and Executive assignments for ASX listed and privately-owned corporations, government departments and owned corporations, and small to medium sized enterprises. As a Chartered Accountant working for several of the Big four CA firms I was provided training and experience over 8 years that instilled in me a professional services mindset and work ethic. The technical knowledge and “hands on” practical experience gained across various industries, and dealings with Boards and Executives was an excellent grounding. As Chair of the Edmund Rice Foundation Australia, my understanding of what is required to be an effective Chair and Board member was enhanced. I have received industry awards recognising my contribution to the industry including The Best Recruiter in Australia and the Best Recruiter in Queensland.