Chief Executive Officer
This National Legal Corporation has offices in all major capital cities and over 300 staff. In recent years, it has undergone significant growth and evolution from a professional services partnership to a Corporation yet maintained its core values of acting with integrity and treating others with respect. All key strategic and operational decisions focus on living and breathing these values. As part of the corporations transformation and governance restructure, there is a newly created position for a CEO.
Reporting to the Chair and Board of Management, the CEO will lead, direct and manage all operational activities. You will be accountable for the delivery of every financial, people and operational objective in line with agreed strategic outcomes.
The key expectations for the role are:
- To engage in the first 100 days with the entire business to comprehend the organisational nuances of each area and assess them to identify where productivity and efficiency improvements can be made;
- To embrace the culture, lead by example and ensure every decision is made with the corporation’s values and culture at the forefront;
- To establish strong collaborative, working relationships with the Directors, Managers and staff members, as well as external stakeholders who are integral in assisting the firm to work at optimal capacity;
- To critically analyse revenue generation and profitability;
- To oversee the finance, IT, people & culture, operations and business development and marketing functions of the business; and
- To assess the IT infrastructure, frameworks and systems to enhance the strategic use of key operational and financial information produce resulting in better informed and more timely decisions.
An experienced Executive, with strong emotional intelligence, tertiary qualifications and sound commercial and financial acumen is required. Your career must include substantial time within a professional services firm, so you understand the link between people and profitability. You can demonstrate sound strategic level knowledge of technology and digital systems and have successfully driven innovative change that simplifies operations.
A confident professional who can skillfully engage in robust conversations in a respectful manner will thrive here. You are a leader by nature who motivates and inspires your teams to strive for excellence through your exceptional communication, affirmative actions, resilience and willingness to hold all accountable for their own individual performance.
The financial rewards are significant, and whilst the role ideally will be based out of Brisbane, the Chair is open to other locations as they want to ensure the best professional is appointed as CEO.
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Peter Murphy or Kelly Howard on (07) 3040 4501 or forward your application by clicking apply for this job.
Your Talent Specialist: Peter Murphy
My 25 year professional talent identification career has seen me undertake Board, C-Suite and Executive assignments for ASX listed and privately-owned corporations, government departments and owned corporations, and small to medium sized enterprises. As a Chartered Accountant working for several of the Big four CA firms I was provided training and experience over 8 years that instilled in me a professional services mindset and work ethic. The technical knowledge and “hands on” practical experience gained across various industries, and dealings with Boards and Executives was an excellent grounding. As Chair of the Edmund Rice Foundation Australia, my understanding of what is required to be an effective Chair and Board member was enhanced. I have received industry awards recognising my contribution to the industry including The Best Recruiter in Australia and the Best Recruiter in Queensland.