CFO (8 month contract)
Location: Northern Brisbane
Chief Financial Officer ( 8 month contract)
Our client is a well established, successful privately owned business that are well known and regarded in their market. They are looking for an experienced CFO who is happy to be hands-on, support operations and be involved in a range of day to day and project tasks whilst the incumbent takes maternity leave until December 2020.
This CFO will ensure sound day to day financial management of the organization and provide the CEO and Board with well analysed financial and management reporting upon which to base future decisions.
Key elements of the role include –
- Working closely with operations to quickly understand key business drivers;
- Analyzing each division and providing insightful analysis and commentary of performance to the Board;
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory reporting and tax requirements;
- Reviewing current taxation processes and implementing good governance principles;
- Undertaking a review of costs and margins and making recommendations;
- Supporting the roll out of a new ERP system ( Business Central);
- Reviewing the budgeting and forecasting process and updating forecasting models,
- Partnering with each business unit and providing useful insights of performance and making recommendations for the future,
- Providing guidance and mentoring to a small accounting team, and
- Managing all commercial aspects of the business and maintaining healthy working relationships across insurances, banking facilities, vendors and auditors.
We seek a commercially minded professional who can demonstrate an ability to ad value and provide good financial guidance to a small business. You must be positive, pro-active, willing to roll up your sleeves and become an active member of the management team.
CA /CPA qualifications are essential.
Please apply online or contact Kelly Howard 3040 4555
Your Job Consultant: Kelly Howard
Kelly is undoubtedly one of the State’s most successful recruiters in the Executive and Senior Accounting sector. She is widely regarded as the leading recruiter in her field and is well respected in the industry… Kelly’s most recent role prior to commencing Kelly Howard Recruitment was as a Director of a leading Queensland Recruitment Firm. She spent 10 years managing a number of their key accounts and was also their number one recruiter for many years.